Monday, April 12, 2010

Iron Fork Nashville


It’s time again for Nashville’s best culinary competition--the third annual Iron Fork returns to the Country Music Hall of Fame April 21st. Last year’s winner, Jeremy Barlow of Tayst will again compete for the Gold Fork against Andy Hunter of the Acorn Restaurant, Hal M. Holden-Bache from Eastland Café, Jason McConnell from 55 South, Sol, and Red Pony Restaurants, and Chris Cunningham of Sunset Grill.

The way it works for us common folk is that in addition to watching the competition--each chef will have just one hour to prepare a dish featuring a secret ingredient revealed just before they start cooking--spectators can sample food and have a few beverages. A word of warning--get there early if you’re planning to make a meal of it. Which is possible if you’re diligent (as I did for the inaugural Iron Fork competition in 2008; note the handful of containers from PM). Not sure what the vegetarian options will be this time, though. Might be a good idea to pack a snack just in case.

The doors opem at 6pm with the competition beginning around 7pm. You can get discounted tickets until April 14 for $30 each. Afterward, tickets are $40 . Purchase tickets online, at the Whole Foods and Le Creuset locations in Green Hills, or buy them at the door. This year, ticket proceeds benefit the Second Harvest Food Bank and Manna Food Security Partners.

Or enter to win a free pair of tickets here! Just leave a comment on this post by midnight, Saturday, April 17 and I will randomly choose a winner and post results Monday morning (one entry per person!). Please be sure to include an email address in your profile or comment (or email me separately) so I can reach you. If I don’t get a response from the winner by 8am Tuesday morning, I’ll draw again. Please note that you need to be available to pick up the tickets from me before 6pm on the 21st.

Good luck!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me! :)

Anonymous said...

What a cool giveaway! I love your blog and loved reading the entry about the Iron Fork in 2008. I hate standing in line only to find it's meat based food too!

Amy- Taylors East said...

Love it!

Megan said...

This sounds awesome! Here's hoping the random-pick gods choose me! :D

Jack said...

Danny Gokey RULES!

amy Begins said...

I've heard such good things about last year's event.. Awesome giveaway!

Freaky Weasel said...

I feel dirty entering since I'm the opposite of a foodie. But I would pass them on the the wife and sister who are more open minded...culinarily speaking.

Kira said...

Awesome!

Lindsay said...

Would love to win these! We've been in the past and always had a great time. :)

Wendy French Barrett said...

The hubs and I went last year & loved it. We'd love to go this year, but can't afford it :(

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
catty said...

***fingers & toes crossed*** I luv food!

Anonymous said...

I would love to go! please pick me! An experience like this would be incredible!

Deeds said...

I wanna go!

Larry said...

Oooh! I've never been and would love to win some free tickets!

Amy said...

Jason and I would love to go! Pick us!

Unknown said...

Trudy & Alex Dedman...thanks for the 411

Anonymous said...

Fun Lesley! Hope I win. :)

Sue said...

this sounds like such a fun night!