Monday, May 9, 2011

Generous Helpings May 19th

Friends, if you missed Iron Fork last month (and if you did, I'm sure you're regretting it), don't despair! You have another chance to attend a great food event, benefitting a great cause.


Generous Helpings--a wonderful event benefitting the Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee--is coming up next week and you can still get tickets for just $40 each here. Or buy them for $50 each at the door the night of the event at the Nashville Farmers Market.

Once again, many of the city's restaurants will be serving tastings including one of my favorites from Iron Fork, Perl Catering, plus Holland House, Miel, Watermark, tayst, Amerigo, Park Cafe, Porta Via and many, many more.


It's going to be a great event. Don't miss it!

14 comments:

Linda said...

Hold on, let me copy and paste my standard, "I'd love to go, if only I had a babysitter" comment. Enjoy!

amy (fearless homemaker) said...

we'll see you there! it's always such a fun event -- can't wait to see what sort of amazing food + drinks there are this year.

amanda said...

what Linda said, or i'll try to come solo.

Anonymous said...

I am not able to attend but this looks like a glorious event. Have fun!

m0 said...

I want to go, but I'm not sure if I can make it now! Boo.

AG said...

How much beef will be present at this event?

Lesley Eats said...

AG--this is an omnivore-friendly event. Also, you can have all of my beef!

abbey said...

We will be there again this year. Called the babysitter and bought tickets weeks ago. Can't wait!

Unknown said...

Very Tempting! but I don't like to fight people for food. How crowded is it?

Lesley Eats said...

Crystal--it's not like the Soup Sunday event. Bigger servings, more relaxed, few--if any--kids. No one goes hungry. Which is kinda ironic.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could go, but I'll be getting ready to go out of town soon and spent my entertainment $ for that week on a concert the next night. :( Me=jealous.

Beth said...

Last year I volunteered to work the event, which was fun because I was able to meet lots of people. However, we all know that what I do best is eat, and because I was serving food I was able to do very little of that.

So this time around I will be back on the other side again, feeding my face!

Unknown said...

Bought mine and the website said they only had 68 left.

amanda said...

I'll be there with my 'eating pants' on. Can't wait.

http://anorganicprocess.blogspot.com