Thursday, January 3, 2008

Death by Chocolate

I ate the original Death by Chocolate at The Trellis restaurant in Williamsburg yesterday. Oh, y'all. A vegan selection for lunch and then Death by Chocolate. Definitely the way to spend the second day of the new year. More later about another excellent restaurant in Williamsburg as well, but I'm going to spend the next 10-12 hours on the road back to Nashville, most likely having chain restaurant meals, the highlight of which is probably going to be a Cracker Barrel. Happy New Year to all!

4 comments:

Chris Houchens said...

I love Cracker Barrel, but I'm a meat eater. How do you eat at CB with all the meaty veggies?

Lesley said...

Ah, very good question Chris--double order of mac and cheese, heavily buttered (by design, not choice) "baby" carrots, and cinnamon apples as my "vegetable plate." Cornbread, not biscuits.

As much as I'd prefer they'd use less animal goo in their veggies, at least they're up front about it, which is helpful to folks like me.

Anonymous said...

They use lard (?!?), not vegetable shortening, in the prep of the cornbread.

I have a few close friends that are employed there and get the scoop, not that I ever would think of eating anything there myself.

Lesley said...

Oh, crap. I thought the cornbread was okay. I shouldn't eat there anyway...