Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday

As always, I started my day with a banana. My power went out right about the time I was going to fix lunch, so instead of lunch, I had four Kashi oatmeal dark chocolate cookies. Not the healthiest but not the unhealthiest lunch ever. All my bread was in the refrigerator, though and required toasting to be edible. Though in retrospect, I could have placed it on some aluminum foil outside despite it not reaching over 100 degrees here today for the first time in recent memory.

Later, I had a Kashi chocolate chip cherry snack bar. Yes, I eat a lot of Kashi brand products. Target's the best place to get them (much cheaper than at the grocery).

And fortunately, the power was back on in time for dinner. I made some vegetable fajitas (chopped fresh squash, zucchini, mushrooms, Vidalia onions, and tomatoes). I use the McCormick brand fajita seasoning. The link is for a larger container than I've seen at the grocery; I've always bought the packets and only use a partial packet for small meals, so I'll look for this next time--it's my favorite. All I do is mix up a little of the fajita seasoning with some corn oil and water and fry in a skillet for a few minutes and serve in some fresh flour tortillas. I'd use corn tortillas if they made burrito size, because I like the taste better. Note: vegetarians should always check labels on tortillas to make sure they're not made with lard. And for everyone, don't wuss out and buy low-fat tortillas--yuck. Buy Lupita or Ole or Mission if you're in a pinch. I don't recommend the Azteca brand at all.

The tap water here in Nashville continues to smell (and taste) like algae, so I didn't drink enough today. Perhaps I should have splurged on some bottled water.

3 comments:

Donnie said...

Kashi...goooooood.

Anonymous said...

Even running the tap water through a the Brita lately isn't taking the dirt taste out of it. Ugh.

theogeo said...

I'm a Kashi fiend as well. Though I've not yet ventured into the cereal territory.