Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tuesday

As I thought might happen, this little diary experiment made me take pause this afternoon when I got irritated and turned to the kitchen for relief. I'd love to say it was self-control that kicked in to keep me on track, but it was my lack of Rasinets (I swear I thought I had a stash) and chocolate-covered macadamia nuts from the international market (I knew PMS was coming; why didn't I save them?).

So here's today's list:
Banana
Sandwich
Peach
One Whole Grain Fig Newtons Bar (I got the box at Big Lots!, so I'm wondering if they've been discontinued)
Veggie Fajita Burrito

My sandwich at lunch is my very standard sandwich. If you know me, you know I'm picky, so of course I have it a certain way with certain components:
•The bread is always Arnold's 100% Whole Wheat Bread, lightly toasted (remember: always eat whole grains for protein and to avoid empty calories)
•The cheese I use is always (again) Sargento Baby Swiss Slices (aged cheeses tend to give me a headache)
•A small handful of my baby romaine lettuce
•A slice or two of fresh tomato (which I have to buy at McNeil's since the squirrels eat all the tomatoes I grow)

And that's it. No mayo (pointless on a sandwich with a fresh tomato) or mustard (which I rarely use and never on sandwiches). When it's a fresh, homegrown tomato, I don't want anything screwing up its taste.

Side note: you ever notice how sandwiches always taste better when someone else makes them?

For dinner, I sliced up the rest of the fresh squash, zucchini, Vidalia onion, and some fresh tomato and sauteed them in some fajita seasoning and added them to some cheese (since I was low on ingredients) and had a veggie fajita burrito.

Another side note: I live alone and work at home all day alone, so I get a little stir crazy sometimes (okay, a lot). An example is that just about every time I fix myself a burrito, I sing to myself, "Burrrrrrrrito. Suave. Burrrrrrrito. Suave."

The water still sucks here in Nashville, so I decided to rummage around in the fridge for some beverages. I'd forgotten I had a stash of well water and Memphis water, so that was a nice surprise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. I'm going to have to download Rico Suave now.