Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Bad cook, bad

It's Tuesday and I don't remember the last time I prepared something more than a salad or sandwich for a meal. I've been really busy and going out a lot, so I have been relying on restaurant food and frozen dinners. Sunday night, I ate the Seeds of Change Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles for dinner. I'm hesitant to stray past Amy's for frozen dinners, but this dinner was pretty good. It is fairly spicy (I'm a lightweight), but not so much that I couldn't take it. The tofu chunks were a palatable size and the mix of ingredients was quite tasty. That's what's rather remarkable about this entree. Unlike a lot of frozen dinners, it not only looked like something you'd want to eat, it also looked like the photo on the box after it was been prepared. The vegetables maintained a bright color (even the broccoli) as well as the proper taste. As in, the carrots tasted like carrots and the broccoli tasted like broccoli. It hadn't been packaged in such a way that the flavors inside the container all blended into one singular taste. It really looked and tasted like it had been recently prepared.

Last night, though I took a step down from frozen dinners. A step down? Yes. I ate cookies for dinner. Granted, they were Kashi Oatmeal Dark Chocolate cookies, which is not your standard junk food, but cookies nonetheless. And I ate four of them--half the box. Tonight, though I resolve to actually prepare myself a meal. My refrigerator is nearly bursting; certainly there's something in there I can throw together to make something decent.

No comments: