Thursday, October 25, 2007

Elotes

When my friends and I were visiting New York City at the end of August, we were browsing around the shops of SoHo and NoLita when we stumbled upon quite a crowd at the corner of Prince and Elizabeth streets. When we investigated the fuss, we discovered a line of people waiting to get into Cafe Habana. And even more people spilling out onto the sidewalk eating ears of corn (elotes). Mmmm...corn. We didn't have the time or energy to deal with the crowd that day and I've regretted that ever since.

So imagine my delight when I read the Nashville Scene's Bites blog post where Jim Ridley tells us about a little place over on Nolensville Road selling elotes. Well, you don't have to imagine, because I commented there and wrote a post about it on Music City Bloggers. And I'm writing about it again. So, yes, I'm excited. I love corn.

Anyhoo, I'm not the only person salivating over this news. Claudia over at cook eat FRET is, too and we're meeting up tomorrow (Friday, October 26, that is) at noon to chow down. Ivy's hoping to join us as well and you're invited, too. You can find the elotes (and the bloggers) at Taqueria Doña Tere, a lunch trailer near the El Fandango Club at 2196 Nolensville Pike (and across from the Circle K). See you there!

No comments: