Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pad See Ew

Since I was looking for a replacement for tofu massaman, I went with my friend, (evil)Amy to Siam Cuisine (not Siam Cafe on Nolensville) last night and tried tofu Pad See Ew (substitute tofu for prawns).

It was a very delicious and certainly less fattening alternative to my beloved massaman. The soy sauce base sweetened with sugar really made the broccoli go down easier (sounds like a song, no?). Not that it needed the help--the broccoli was a nice bright green and slightly crunchy--not overcooked at all, but cooked enough to get rid of the raw taste. There was a hearty amount of tofu as well as a garnish of kale and carrots. I ate the carrots, but skipped the kale as well as most of the fried egg. The dish was well-presented, too which you would be able to see had I not, yet again, let my zealousness take over. I was 3/4 of the way through devouring my dinner before I thought about taking a picture. Which was too late, of course.

Another nice touch is that Siam Cuisine is all decked out for Halloween. And I don't mean just a little bit. As Amy noted, it seems they cleared out the Halloween section at the Target down the street. They even bought special orange linen napkins. Hilarious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

>(not Siam Cafe on Nolensville)

Well that's good. Because I hope you know that you're not allowed to go to Siam Cafe without me :)