Friday, May 16, 2008

A week of unremarkable food

I haven't updated this week because I have, quite frankly, eaten very little that was worthy of note. And what I did eat that was noteworthy occurred last night and both items were prepared by friends. I ate three banana macadamia nut with cream cheese frosting cupcakes (yes, three which is why I didn't sleep last night) and some beet salad. Yep, beet salad. The occasion was a party to watch the season finale of The Office and you can't honor Dwight without beet salad. My friend tried this recipe from Taylor and it was actually quite tasty. My first beets ever.

But I have also had an overly salty Panera sandwich, Thai stir fry that was just noodles mixed with a little cole slaw mix and a couple of broccoli florets (no tofu at this restaurant), a "veggie" sub (not that I'm complaining, but when did cheese become a vegetable?), and a bean and rice "peasant plate" served with cold, stale tortilla chips. The Panera sandwich was so salty that I was swole up like a parade balloon for a solid 24 hours after eating it. Everything else was just varying levels of "meh."

Huh, I remarked on them after all. More than they deserved. I hope I have a much better food week next week.

5 comments:

michael, claudia and sierra said...

not
good

Diana said...

Why is processed food so darn salty? I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one whose shoes don't fit after eating at Panera.

Taylor said...

You weren't kidding when you said you were going to try the beets for the Office finale! Try them roasted. next. I think they're best roasted.

Unknown said...

Panera isn't good. I have not eaten there in probably a year or more. The only way I would eat at one is if I were on a biz trip, and it was the place people wanted to go to get a quick bite. At least they have apples. I would pick McDs and the Hut over Panera's.

Jane said...

Hope you enjoy your food more this week Lesley!