Wednesday, January 14, 2009

oops!

Not only have I not posted anything this year, I haven't been reading much this year. And...I haven't really been cooking. Well, kind of. I'd been pretty blase about Trader Joe's coming to town...blah blah convenience food blah. And I've been spending $60-80 a week there for the last month and a half! The frozen dinners have been perfect for the SO's lunch. And the little tubes of already-made polenta and jars of already-made tapenades and the frozen naan and the envelopes of Indian food...well, I've become TJ-dependent.

Last night, though I actually made lasagna. And we didn't get to eat until 8pm! It felt like it took forever. Unlike opening a can of TJ's vegetarian chili, adding a few more beans to it and serving it with some tortilla chips--that takes less than five minutes!

But I need to get back into actual cooking. Joy's got this great recipe for pizza dough on her site and I intend to make a pizza soon. After I've eaten the TJ's pizza that's in the refrigerator right now...

6 comments:

Patsyk said...

TJ's has some great products! Love going there... I try to go there every other month to stock up on fav's... that way I can have some easy nights mixed in with completely homemade meals. Love their tapenades!!! Have you tried their panko breaded tilapia? It's one of our favorites.

Anonymous said...

glad to see you back. And, I love making homemade pizza so I'll have to check out the reciepe

Anonymous said...

I have yet to go to TJ's and I really should. The last time I was in one was inCalifornia when I was, like, 17.

Wow. 13 years.

I hear this one isn't as nice as the ones in other cities but I probably wouldn't even be able to tell!

Anonymous said...

You're telling me. Working there, it's so easy for me to pick up some convenience items on my way home. I agree about that veg chili with some tortilla chips (and a few dollops of guac!) - delish.

Anonymous said...

You've had other things on your mind.

Anonymous said...

Don't know about TJ's since there isn't one near me, but I can certainly relate to falling into the convenience food rut... did it a lot last year while planning my wedding. Hope to see you cooking again, soon! :)