Friday, October 29, 2010

Boozecamp at Amerigo

Nashville friends, if you're not following Boozecamp on Twitter or Facebook, do yourself a favor and do that right now.

What is Boozecamp? Check out the website for all the background, but the important things to know are that it's a wine tasting at Amerigo that features fantastic wines and a special menu designed to pair well with the wines. The most recent Boozecamp featured "Big Italian Reds" (and one lovely white) for four courses. Yes, four courses. For $20 per person. You read that right--four tasting-size dishes and four glasses of wine for just $20. And they graciously make adjustments for special "dietary requirements." In other words, I got special plates made just for me!

In addition to the great food, there are great people. And even if they're not, it doesn't take much past two glasses of wine to put up with just about anyone, right? So check it out. And events often sell out, so make your reservation early.

First course: bruschetta topped with artichoke heart

Second course: parmesan sformatino with dandelion greens

Third course: house-made pici in a vegetable broth with fall squash and flash-fried turnip greens

Fourth course: pistachio torta with chocolate ganache topped with warm cherry compote


Apologies for the low-light photographs. Even the best light could not do justice to these wonderful tastes.  Also, I have a new favorite wine: Masi Costasera Amarone. Though it's a bit pricey, so I may have to put it on my Christmas list!

6 comments:

Me said...

Yay! It was all so good and so good to finally meet the other Lesley about town.

Anonymous said...

It was incredible! I had so much fun! Don't know why I waited so long to start going boozecamp!

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, that was my favorite of the evening too.

Beth said...

I so wish I could have gone!! Too bad it was on the same night as another dinner I had to attend. Hopefully the next one will not conflict...

Stephanie said...

I love Amerigo!

Anonymous said...

I like the picture of the wine bottles. Good shot!