Monday, April 4, 2011

Morsels Cafe

Tanisha Hall--known for Fleur de Lis Flavors, the wonderful snow cones at the Nashville Farmers' Market--has revamped the Morsels Cafe at the Gordon Jewish Community Center. It's now only the second certified kosher cafe in town (behind Grins on the Vanderbilt Campus). And it's not just kosher--it's vegetarian. Check out the story about Morsels Cafe in The Tennessean.

Hey, we're moving in the right direction. We just need some vegetarian cafes in more easily accessible places! (Shame-filled admission: I've never been to Grins.)

Congratulations and good luck to Tanisha in this new venture!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I'm ashamed to admit that I've never been to Grins either. We should go soon. I think they sometimes close during the summer break or at least have very limited hours.

NashJill said...

Yep, Grins is closed in the summers when Vandy is out....so hurry there! It's worth it! I suggest going at an off-peak hour (2-5 pm?) because it's slammed with students, particularly during lunch.

Unknown said...

Wow, really good to know!

NICOLE said...

I heart grins. Since I work at vandy it is a great treat to walk over there when the weather is great. Morsel's sounds tasty but I doubt I'll make it there because of its location - so sad.