Monday, July 13, 2009

Why he's a vegetarian

Excellent post. Just excellent.
http://www.herbivoracious.com/2009/07/why-im-a-vegetarian-dammit.html

In a way, I respect people who hunt and fish, who know what goes into the production of their food. Because so many people don't want to think about it. They just want their meat nicely cut and cleaned and in a handy container. Though I am disturbed that people can take the life of an animal for fun, for sport. I simply just don't believe it's right or necessary.

2 comments:

H said...

I like that post. We eat meat but this year were able to get humanely-slaughtered meat for our freezer (half a cow, from my husband's uncle's farm). We know that cow was treated well from day one until the end, and it's made us more mindful of what goes into producing meat.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.