Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

Quel surprise, still no post about New York. Perhaps I should just do a photo essay. Each one is worth a thousand words, right?

I had a very orange Thanksgiving. Nary a mac nor a cheese to be found. I suppose I know what I will make next year. But this year, I took this cous cous salad with butternut squash from Erin to dinner. Except, of course, I changed it up (as I did the first time I made it, but I made even more changes this time). I left out the coriander and cut back on the savory spices and subbed in toasted walnuts and added honey (therefore, it was no longer vegan).

And it was...not great. It was okay. Previously, I used crispy fried chickpeas and Israeli cous cous and it was a lot better. And I didn't skimp on the cumin (though it caused some distress in the upper portion of my torso where all my organs are squished in from the enlarged uterus and alien life form in residence). So, try this recipe out, but the only change should be crisping the chickpeas. And maybe using Israeli cous cous.

Anyhoo, "dinner" was rounded out with sweet potato casserole, asparagus casserole (very yummy), and pumpkin pecan pie. I'm surprised I'm not orange. I am, however, pretty round. Ten weeks (or less, please) to go!

4 comments:

Beth said...

What's the asparagus casserole recipe?? I love asparagus, so would love to try!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my Thanksgiving!
I hope it is less time for you as well.

ErinsFoodFiles said...

Wow! Ten weeks! I hope it all goes smoothly!

Almost Vegetarian said...

At least you didn't make fries dipped in pickle juice.

Really, darling! Fries dipped in pickle juice? Good heavens!

Well, you are really well on your way with the baby. Congratulations.

And cheers!