Saturday, April 19, 2008

Passover Pepsi

Alright, some of you guys have been holding out on me. I'm just now getting on the Serious Eats train, so I just learned about Passover Pepsi and Coke. Hooooo boy, I'm going to skip right over to the Krosher in my neighborhood and see if they've got it in the Passover section. Two liters of sweet, wonderful sugar-sweetened Pepsi...

...equals about two pounds.

UPDATE: Sadly, the Belle Meade Krosher does not have Passover Pepsi. And the limited selection of soft drinks (two flavors of Dr. Brown's) lists ingredients including "sugar and/or high fructose corn syrup." Not cool. I guess I'll have to keep going to the bodegas and such to get my fix.

4 comments:

michael, claudia and sierra said...

the jews don't fuck around with that corn syrup crap...

Chris Houchens said...

I was in the Bowling Green KY Kroger last night and looked around for some Passover coke/pepsi as well. I couldn't find it here either.

Almost Vegetarian said...

When you do find your Pepsi, I'm sure it will work just as well: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/23/ncoke123.xml

Cheers!

Lesley said...

ceF: no kidding. The Jews are smart people.

Chris: I'm not really surprised that the Bowling Green Kroger was lacking in kosher foods...

AV: That is some serious misappropriation of sugar-sweetened beverages. Though I hope they used an inferior American version. Or all Diet Coke. There would be no tragedy in wasting Diet Coke.